It was a scary experience to call Off The Record but the friendly and ressuring staff helped me to realise I could get the help I needed.
Who we are:
Off The Record is a Croydon-based agency providing free support
to children and young people. We were set up in 1994 to help
young people going through tough times.
What we do:
At Off The Record we provide a range of free, friendly and
accessible support services for young people aged 14-25 who live,
work or study in the Borough of Croydon, including:
a confidential service for young people.
a specialist service providing support to young people who are
refugees, asylum seekers and forced migrants.
- Young Carers
Project: free help, support and information for
young people aged 7-25 caring for a family member.
- Family Navigators: free support for
families in Croydon.
- Jump Start: a new service offering free
counselling to young people aged 11-21 who live, work or study in
- Community Development
Work: supporting the Black and
Minority Ethnic (BME) community to develop mental health
Click here to
find out more about our services and how they can help you
What We Believe:
Our vision is
that we want you, as a young person, to be inspired to make choices
and decisions so that you can feel alive in your own
To achieve this:
- We will always do our best to welcome you and we will be clear,
truthful and friendly
- We will always work hard to earn your trust, rather than to
- Whatever your race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability or
religion, we will respect and accept you
- Listen to you
- Understand and respect your wishes and beliefs
- Be humble and acknowledge any mistake we make
- Be helpful and supportive
- Challenge you to be the best you can be
How to get involved:
If you would like some support click here to find out more about how
our services can help you.
You can also contact us for a warm and friendly
chat about Off The Record and how we work.